Thursday, January 13, 2011

FRIENDS......FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm typing this post now because I just watched a video that touched me, not in an inspirational way like videos usually do, but it just dawned on me that even with the technology; Facebook, twitter and all other social networks and IM apps available, I am getting a little farther away from most of the friends I had in Primary and High school, particularly High school.

High school was the time of my life, and while I can boast of being an improved person now in several ways, those six years of high school were "the time" (High school is six years in Nigeria BTW, 3 years Junior and 3 years senior), if you happened to be in my high school class, you're probably saying the same. We all started really young and grew into adolescence together, we faced all the challenges that came with growing up and stuff like that (we were in a boarding school too so..) and as much as we argued, fought, had beefs, looked down on one another e.t.c, a bond has grown between us, and some of us might not admit this but we LOVE eachother (NO HOMO if you happen to be male) and we will always be a part of on another's lives.

Now though, most of us are off to college in different parts of the world from the U.S. to the U.K. to Nigeria, Canada and Dubai e.t.c. And as much as we try to keep up with each other online, it's not just the same as when we were under the same roof. Needless to say, we are getting older, matter of fact some of us have already started having successful careers, in another 5 or 6 years, some of us will be getting married and having kids etc. Presently however, most of us have made new friends and have entirely different lives but we all still share something in common, the same "High school experience". As much as we are trying to hold off, those memories and happy times are slowly fading away. We have to try to re-live these moments we had, the very fortunate among us should pick up our less fortunate brothers and sisters and help them out because the truth is, "WE ARE ALL IN THIS WORLD TOGETHER". Some people believe that not everyone in a certain group can be successful, someone has to lag behind, well to me that's a freaking lie, we can all be successful, we can all be life and world changers in our own ways, we just need that push and support.

In essence all I'm saying is that Life is short, we have all grown to be part of each other's lives, let's drop the ego and class and admit the fact that no matter how different we might be, a bond exists between us. We need to check up on one another from time to time, find out how our fellow high school mates are living their lives, help any of us that need it, encourage and advice the ones that need it. It will be joyful if we can all meet up 20 years from now and all of us have various great and exciting achievements. If you are a member of NB09 and you are reading this, I love you (#nohomo for male counterparts), I have never forgotten you (I also never will) and I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way,please  forgive me. We will all be great people by God's grace and....... WE NEED TO MEET UP SOMETIME, ALL OF US!!!! God bless y'all, again I love you people :)

P.S. this doesn't apply to just my high school, if you are reading this and you were not in my high school, you too should also consider these things I said and relate it to your own high school.

P.S. R.I.P Kolapo Oshunbiyi, you're part of this too, we miss you boy, see you in Heaven :).

Below is the video I watched that motivated me, it was posted by Nnenna Onyema on facebook, I love you b, thanks for that, it just reminded me how much I miss my people, where have you been btw? Long time...lol

4 comments:

  1. Love u Bro...(no homo) and i agree on every level, took the words right from beneath my fingers

    Bawse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really couldn't be more honest and real... i'm extremely grateful to be a member of NB09, everyone of us is awesome and everyone of us is family to me... love you too bro( and you do know what i mean when i say i love you!)

    ReplyDelete